英语句子复习提纲
1. Her time is fully taken up with drawing. 她的时间被绘画给占了。
2. I found it difficult to understand him. 我觉得很难理解他。
3. We found him to be dishonest. 我们认为他不诚实。
4. This toy is not suitable for young children. 这个玩具笔试和小孩玩。
5. I expect (that) he’ll pass the examination. 我估计他会考及格。
6. I can’t keep up with all the changes in computer techndogy. 计算机技术的各种改进有些我已经跟不上了。
7. Whatever happens, I will go. = No matter what happens, I will go. 无论如何我都会去。
8. The plans have been under discussion for a year now, but no decision has been reached. 那些计划讨论了一年了,还是没有结果。 9. I think I’ll have a cold drink rather than coffee. 我更想喝冷饮而不想喝咖啡。
10. Hold on a minute while I get my breath back.. 等一下,让我喘口气。 11. He let her go.(非强迫性) 他让她走了。
类似:He had her go. / He got her to go. / He made her go. (强迫性) 12. The restaurant is open every day except Monday. 这家饭店除星期一外,每天都营业。
13. I can answer all the questions except for the last one. 所有的题我都会答,只是最后一题不会。 14. Besides milk and bread, we need vegetables. 除了牛奶和面包外,我们还需要蔬菜。
15. I’ll make arrangements for you to be met at the airport. 我将安排到机场接你的事。 16. We heard it from the radio.
我们从无线电广播中听到了此事。
17. Can you find out what time the train leaves? 你能查问出火车什么时候开吗?
18. He had been cheating the taxman but it was years before he was found out. 他一直欺骗税务局,但多年之后才被查出。 19. He lives on (the) camps. 他在学校里住。
20. He waits for an opportunity to take action. 他伺机而动。
21. No one discovers a rarity by chance. 侥幸发现一件珍品的人是没有的。
22. When the star was ill, the understudy finally got her first break. 当明星生病了,这个替补总算得到了第一次大好机会。 23. She looked all over for the lost book. 她到处找那本丢了的书。
24. The subject camp up in conversation. 这个问题是在讨论中提到的。 25. The lecture made me sleepy. 这个讲座使我昏昏欲睡。
26. The news made me disappointed. 这个消息使我大为沮丧。 27. They make him headmaster. 他们使他当上了校长。
28. I drink black coffee while he prefers it with cream.. 我爱喝黑咖啡而他喜欢加奶油的。
29. Some people came by cars, other came on foot. 有些人是坐汽车来的,其他人是走着来的。 30. I went swimming while the others played tennis. 我去游泳,其余的人都打网球去了。 31. To some extent you are correct. 在某种程度上你是正确的。 32. I spent a lot of time on the project. 我花了很多时间进行这个项目。
33. He speaks more and more openly about his family. 他越来越公开地谈论他的家庭。 34. I really like English. 我的确喜欢英语。
35. We have really been to Paris. 我们确实去过巴黎。
36. There’s nothing to worry about. 没什么可担心的。
37. We should study hard and make progress everyday. 我们应该好好学习,天天向上。
38. She is by no means poor: in fact, she’s quite rich. 她可不穷,其实她很阔。
39. —Can I see it? —By all means. —我可以看看吗?—当然可以。 40. I lift the load by means of a crane. 我用起重机把重物吊起。
41. I’ll think about it and let you know tomorrow. 我要把这事仔细想想,明天再给你回话. 42. She’s thinking about changing her job.
她正考虑换个工作。
43. There’s something wrong with his eyes. 他的眼睛有毛病。
44. Please call me up this evening. 请今晚给我打电话。
45. The happy laughter called up memories of his childhood. 这欢笑声使他回忆起童年时代的情景。 46. He asked me to help him. 他求我助他一臂之力。 47. I asked him where he lived. 我问他住在哪里。
48. I asked Tom for some help. 我请求汤姆的帮助。
49. I listened to the tape carefully but heard nothing. 我仔细地听了磁带,但什么也听不到。 50. He’s not in the habit of drinking a lot. 他不习惯于多喝酒。
51. I’ve got into the habit of switching on TV as soon as I get home. 我已养成一到家就打开电视机的习惯。
52. Both books / Both the books / Both these books are expensive. 这两本书都很贵。 53. He is blind in both eyes. 他双目失明。
54. She went to school / university / college in York. 她在约克上学。
55. He’s coming out of hospital on Friday. 他星期五要出院了。
56. We went to the school to discuss our daughter’s progress. 我们去学校谈谈女儿的进步情况。 57. I saw her coming out of the hospital. 我看见她从医院里出来。
58. I’m not going. To begin with I haven’t a ticket, and secondly I don’t like the play. 我不去。一来我没票,二来我不喜欢这出戏。
59. To begin with he had no money, but later he became quite rich. 他起初没钱,可是后来相当富有了。 60. Have a look at this picture. 看看这张照片。
61. Every other girl except me is wearing jeans. 除了我以外,其他姑娘都穿牛仔裤。 62. They visit us every other week. 他隔周到我们这儿来。
63. He grows flowers as well as vegetables. 他既种菜也种花。
. She is a talented musician as well as being a photographer.
她不但是摄影师还是个天才的音乐家。 65. His interests ranged from chess to swimming. 他的爱好从下国际象棋到游泳,范围很广。 66. We depend on the radio for news. 我们靠收音机听新闻。
67. Children depend on their parents for food and clothing. 儿童靠父母供给衣食。
68. She felt ill. She went to work, however, and tried to concentrate. 他病了,然而他照旧去上班,并且尽力集中精神工作。
69. Although / Though / Even though we all tried our best, we lost the game. 虽然我们已尽了最大的努力,但还是输了。 70. We all tried our best. However, we lost the game. 我们输了,然而我们尽了最大的努力。
71. We all tried our best. We lost the game, though/however. 我们都已尽了最大努力,不过我们还是输了。
72. Her appointment was a significant, (al) though temporary success. 他受聘虽说是临时性的,但却是一大成功。 73. He performed the task well, (al) though slowly. 他把任务完成得很好,只是有些慢。
74. The baby was left exposed to the wind and rain. 婴儿被弃于风雨中
75. The cure for stress lies in learning to relax. 消除紧张的方法在于学会放松。 76. We have a series of good harvests. 我们获得了接连的丰收。
77. All pilots are responsible for their passenger’s safety. 所有飞机驾驶员均应对乘客的安全负责。
78. The teacher liberated the students from the burden of study. 老师将学生从学习负担中出来。
79. This pass enable me to travel half-price on trains. 我用这张通行证坐火车能半价。 80. He devoted all his efforts to his task. 他全力以赴地工作。
81. You will find several shops in the neighborhood.. 你会在附近找到几家商店。
82. He paid in the neighborhood of $5000 for the computer. 这台电脑他付了约5000美元。
83. I thought I’d drop in on you while I was passing.
我曾想路过时就来看看你。
84. Sorry we’re late ---we dropped into a pub on the way.
对不起我们迟到了——我们中途到酒馆去了。 84. Come and stay with us soon. 快来我们这里住些日子吧。
85. I’m hoping to go and stay with my cousin Tom over Christmas.
我希望到我表哥汤姆那儿去过圣诞节。
86. A representative of the company will call on you to assess the damage.
公司的代表将前往贵处评估受损的状况。
87. We could call in on Patrick on the way to your mother’s.
我们到你母亲家去,不妨顺路到帕里克家串个门儿。 88. What time do you begin/star work in the morning?
你上午几点钟开始工作?
. If we want to get there tonight, we should start (be set off)now.
假设我们想今天晚上到那里,现在就得动身。 90. The car won’t start.
这辆汽车发动不起来。
91. She majored in Chinese (at university).
她(在大学)主修中文。
92. In autumn the leaves change from green to brown.
秋天树叶由绿变黄。
93. She had to work her way through law school.
她须半工半读学习法律。
94. The board are still working their way through the application forms.
委员会仍在审阅全部申请表。
95. He checked a book out of/checked out a book from the library.
他从图书馆借出了一本书。
96. I can take up to four people in my car.
我的汽车最多能坐四个人。
97. He obtained 81 marks out of a maximum of 100.
满分为100分他得了81分 。
98. You must get a minimum of 40 questions right to pass the examination.
你必须最少答对40道题才能通过考试。
99. First of all she just smiled, then she started to laugh.
最初她只是微笑,后来才放声大笑。
100. Can you provide accommodation for thirty people?
你能为三十人提供住宿吗?
101. Let us hope his research will provide us with the evidence we need.
但愿他作的研究能提供我们所需要的证据。
102. I shall go, whether you come with me or stay at home.
不论你来还是留在家中,我都要去。 103. He asked whether/if we wanted a drink.
他问我们是否要喝点东西。
104. I’m not sure whether to resign or stay on.
我拿不准主意是辞职还是留任。
105. It depends on whether the letter arrives in time.
这取决于来信是否及时。
106. Whether they win or lose is all the same to me.
他们是赢是输于我都一样。
107. If the price is 500, let us say ,is that too much?
价钱嘛,比如说500英镑吧,是不是太贵了? 108. The occasion calls for a cool head.
这种场合需要冷静的头脑。
109. We send him a letter/ We sent a letter to him.
我们给他寄了一封信。 110. Mail me a new form, please.
请给我寄一张新表格。 111. I’ll mail it to you tomorrow.
我明天把它寄给你。
112. Please carefully fill out this form.
请仔细填表。
113. In addition (to the name on the list) there are six other applicants.
除此(名单上的名字)之外,还有六个申请人。 114. If you fill out this form, you can take the books away.
如果你填了这张表,就可以把书拿走。 115. We must aim at increasing exports.
我们要力求增加出口。
116. The lady notified the police (of a loss) /notified a loss to the police.
这位女士向警方报(失窃)案。
117. He notified us that he was going to leave.
他通知我们说他要辞职。
118. The teacher distributed papers to the students.
老师向同学们分发试卷。
119. Don’t involve me in solving your problems!
你解决你的问题,不要把我扯进去! 120. He was involved in a heated argument.
他参与了一场激烈的争论。